NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The jHub Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to entrants who are: 1) a legal resident of Colorado and 2) at least 13 years of age. CAJE, the other Sponsors, and any other person or entity involved with the design, promotion, fulfillment, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live, and members of the same households, whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ (defined below) decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
CAJE, 300 S. Dahlia St. #101, Denver, CO 80246. For more information on CAJE, visit CAJE’s website located at http://www.caje-co.org. For more information on jHub (a program of CAJE) visit the jHub website located at https://jhubco.org. For more information on the Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour (a program of CAJE) visit the Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour website located at http://www.caje-co.org/what-we-do/israel-study-tour-ist/.
Jewish Community Centers of Colorado aka Robert E Loup Jewish Community Center (“Denver JCC”), 350 South Dahlia Street, Denver, CO 80246. For more information on the Denver JCC, visit the Denver JCC’s website located at https://www.jccdenver.org and for more information on the JCC Ranch Camp (a program of the Denver JCC) visit the JCC Ranch Camp website located at http://www.ranchcamp.org.
Jewish Student Connection (“JSC”), 300 S. Dahlia, Suite 101, Denver, CO 80246. For more information on JSC, visit the JSC’s website located at http://www.myjsc.org.
Union for Reform Judaism (“URJ”), 633 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017. For more information on URJ, visit the URJ’s website located at https://www.urj.org and for more information on the North American Federation of Temple Youth (a program of URJ) (“NFTY”), visit the NFTY website located at http://www.nfty.org.
Colorado Hebrew Chorale, 495 South Jersey Street. Denver, CO 80224. For more information on the Colorado Hebrew Chorale, visit the Colorado Hebrew Chorale website located at http://www.coloradohebrewchorale.org.
B’nai B’rith Youth Organization, Inc. aka BBYO (“BBYO”), 300 S. Dahlia St., Suite 203, Denver CO 80246. For more information on BBYO, visit BBYO’s website located at http://bbyo.org and at http://rockymountainregionbbyo.weebly.com.
The Boulder Jewish Community Center (“Boulder JCC”), 3800 Kalmia Ave., Boulder, CO 80301-1827. For more information on the Boulder JCC, visit the Boulder JCC’s website located at http://www.boulderjcc.org and for more information on Camp Inc., (a program of the Boulder JCC) visit the Camp Inc. website located at http://www.campinc.com.
Congregation Emanuel aka Temple Emanuel, 51 Grape Street, Denver, CO 80220. For more information on Congregation Emanuel, visit Congregation Emanuel’s website located at http://emanueldenver.org and for more information on Shwayder Camp (a program of Congregation Emanuel), visit the Shwayder Camp website located at http://www.shwayder.com.
Ramah in the Rockies, 300 S. Dahlia Street Suite 205, Denver, CO 80246. For more information on Ramah in the Rockies and the Ramah Outdoor Adventure Camp, visit the Ramah in the Rockies Ramah Outdoor Adventure website located at http://ramahoutdoors.org/about-ramah/.
CAJE, Denver JCC, JSC, URJ, Colorado Hebrew Chorale, BBYO, Boulder JCC, Congregation Emanuel and Ramah in the Rockies will be referred to collectively herein as the “Sponsors.”
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 19, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on December 13, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are three (3) ways you can enter the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of identity.
Entry via the jHub website: To enter using the jHub website, complete each of the following steps during the Promotion Period:
Navigate using your web browser to the jHub website located at https://jhubco.org.
Click on the link entitled “Sign Up for Hub Highlights”.
Complete the “Subscribe to our newsletter” form including your first name, last name and email address.
Click on the blue “Submit” button.
Sponsors are not responsible for computer error, electronic, technical malfunctions or any other reason that entry cannot be made through the jHub website entry method during the Promotion Period including unavailability of the jHub website. If you are unable to use the jHub website entry method during the Promotion Period, then you can enter the Sweepstakes using the AMOE (subject to the rules for the AMOE set forth below).
Entry via Email. Entrants who are already on the jHub Newsletter list may enter by sending an email to info@jHubco.org. In the subject line, include the following “jHub’s 8 Days of Giveaways.”
Sponsors are not responsible for computer error, electronic, technical malfunctions or any other reason that entry cannot be made through the email entry method during the Promotion Period including unavailability, corruption or other issues with the jHub email system. If you are unable to use the email entry method during the Promotion Period, then you can enter the Sweepstakes using the AMOE (subject to the rules for the AMOE set forth below).
Alternate Method of Entry (the “AMOE”): To enter without using the jHub website entry method, hand print your first name, last name and email address on a 3” x 5” card and mail it with proper postage to “jHub Sweepstakes”, CAJE, 300 S. Dahlia St. #101, Denver, CO 80246. All mail-in entries must be handwritten; no facsimiles or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. All mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by the dates specified in Section 3 above. All entries become the exclusive property of CAJE, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Entrants who are not already on the jHub Newsletter list may complete entry methods (a) or (c) above and Entrants who are already on the jHub Newsletter list may complete entry method (b) above, provided, however, that entrants may only receive one (1) entry during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry used. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses or identities or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
5. Drawings: One potential winner will be randomly selected each day from December 7, 2015 through December 8, 2015 (each of these eight days is a “Prize Selection Date”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period as of 11:59pm MST on the date immediately preceding each Prize Selection Date (excluding any potential winners previously selected on prior Prize Selection Dates). Each potential winner will be notified via email, on or around the business day after the Prize Selection Date. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to CAJE an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) (to be received by CAJE no later than ten (10) days after the date notice or attempted notice is sent), in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign the Affidavit or if CAJE does not receive the Affidavit within the required time period, that potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Each potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules until the prize is finally awarded and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the applicable prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner, subject to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the respective Prize Selection Date. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately two (2) weeks after receipt of the winner’s signed Affidavit.
6. Prizes: There is one (1) prize to be awarded for each Prize Selection Date. Set forth below is each prize that will be won by the winning entrant selected for the respective Prize Selection Date and its approximate retail value:
December 7, 2015: Under Armor Sweatshirt from the Denver JCC Macabbi Team (approx. retail value: $44)
December 8, 2015: Finals Study Care Package from Jewish Student Connection and a Battery Powered Phone Charger (approx. retail value: $40)
December 9, 2015: NFTY swag and a gift certificate for $50 off any NFTY convention from NFTY at the Union for Reform Judaism (approx. retail value: $55)
December 10, 2015: A kosher cheese cake for your holiday celebration and swag from the Colorado Hebrew Chorale (approx. retail value: $25)
December 11, 2015: BBYO swag and a gift certificate for $50 off any BBYO convention from BBYO (approx. retail value: $55)
December 12, 2015: $50 Target Gift Card from the Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour at CAJE (approx. retail value: $50)
December 13, 2015: A gift certificate for $250 off 1 new camper tuition or $100 off 1 returning camper tuition at your choice of one of Colorado’s 4 Jewish overnight camps (Camp Inc., JCC Ranch Camp, Camp Ramah, Shwayder Camp) from respectively, the Boulder JCC, the Denver JCC, Ramah in the Rockies and Congregation Emanuel (approx. retail value: $250 or $100, as applicable)
December 14, 2015: $100 Amazon Gift Card from jHub at CAJE (approx. retail value: $100)
A potential winner’s eligibility for any prize that includes a gift certificate will be subject to the standard terms and conditions governing attendance at the respective convention or camp that is the subject of the prize. Gift certificate and gift card prizes will be shipped to the winner’s address, as indicated on the Affidavit. All other prizes (including swag bags that are part of a prize) must be picked up by the winner from CAJE at 300 S. Dahlia St. #101, Denver, CO 80246 during CAJE’s regular business hours and with at least one business day’s prior notice. Each prize is non-transferable (provided however, that a parent or guardian can transfer the prize to their minor child or ward who is 13 years of age or older and otherwise eligible to enter the Sweepstakes and receive the applicable prize). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The applicable Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 to winners if and as required by federal law. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period up until the deadline for consideration on each Prize Selection Date.
7. Release: By accepting any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, losses, fines, judgments, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees through appeal) or cause of action or actions of any kind whatsoever, which may be suffered or incurred to persons (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, disability, or loss of person) and/or property, arising from or out of acceptance, possession, use/misuse of the prize, participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes activity.
8. Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsors’ use of winner’s name, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an inequitable or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes, however, will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in, and entrant irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the jurisdiction of, the United States District Court for Colorado or any state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Denver County, Colorado, entrant agrees not to commence any legal proceedings related thereto except in such court, and entrant irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that entrant may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any proceeding brought in any such court or any claim that a legal proceeding commenced in such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado.
13. Winner List: Winner list requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than January 31, 2016. For the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “jHub Sweepstakes Winner List”, CAJE, 300 S. Dahlia St. #101, Denver, CO 80246.