J-Serve, the International Day of Jewish Teen Service, will be held May 1, 2016. The J-Serve Teen Committee is collecting items for 150 teens to create Comfort Bags for foster children, refugee children and the homeless.
The goal is to pack 400 Comfort Bags at J-Serve. Can you help donate some or many? Do you have a contact with someone or a company that might donate bulk items? Would your company like to be a named sponsor of J-Serve? You can also make a cash donation to support the teens make their goal a reality.
We need the following items:
- Backpacks and Duffle Bags
- Throw blankets
- Re-usable Water Bottles
- Socks – men’s and women’s sizes
- School Supplies – spiral notebooks, binders, paper, pens, pencils, markers
- Toys/Activity Books – stuffed animals, small toys, playing cards, crossword/soduku books, journals, coloring books, crayons
- Books – books for children ages 5-17, may be gently used
- Toiletries – lip balm, sunscreen, combs and brushes, tampons and pads
All items, except books, must be new. Collection bins will be located in many synagogues, schools and at CAJE, 300 S. Dahlia St, #101. For more information, contact Karen Silverman at jHub, email@example.com or 303-951-8492. Stay tuned for registration information.